My sincere apologies to those that wanted/expected me to post the red carpet photos from the 2013 Headies. Technical difficulties at 1759 made it impossible.
To make it up to the readers,some of the looks have been incorporated into this post.
Tosyn Buknor at the 2013 Headies in Lagos Nigeria.
Seyi Shay at the 2013 Headies
Toke Makinwa. She was also at the Headies. She wore two dresses and this was the first one.
Toke Makinwa in the second dress. Lovely.
These are some photos from Music Meets Runway Pre-Party which held last night, Thursday 19th December 2013, at the Spice Route, Victoria Island, Lagos Nigeria.
Photocredits : BellaNaija and Insigna Media
Angela Simmons. She is co-hosting the show
Designer Yvonne Nwosu of Vonne Couture
Stylist/designer Jide Adedeji
Orire Omatsola of Re Bahia. .
Rekana Sharon Ojong
Media personality Kaylah Oniwo
Yvonne Nwosu and Jennifer Olize
Toni Tones, Ezinne Chinkata and Yvonne Nwosu.
Sigh…only if we knew what Angela Simmons and US Based Nigerian stylist, were looking at.
Isoken Ogiemwonyi spotted in a Grecian-inspired gold outfit.
Bizzle and Toolz’ main man Tunde Demuren
Khloe Kardashian looks gorgeous in this white Gianvito Rossi dress.
Blake Lively is wearing Marchesa.
Rooney Mara looks so beautiful in this Lanvin gown. This is one the best looks she has had.
Naomie Harris looks like a princess wearing this Monique Lhuillier gown.
Supermodel Giselle Bunchen wearing Patricia Bonaldi.
Jennifer Lopez wearing Bibhu Mohapatra.
Tia Mowry wearing Balmain.
Supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio wearing Dolce and Gabbana.
Kat Graham wearing Betsy Johnson
In honour of a great man,I decided to share 20 facts about Mandela for those who had never heard of him until his death and for those who don’t know much about him and what he did for his people.
1. He was born in July 18 1918 in the
Eastern Cape of South Africa.
2. He was named Rolihlahla Dalibhunga by his parents and was given his English name, Nelson, by a teacher at his school.
3.When Mandela was 9 years old, his father died of lung disease, causing his life to change dramatically.
3. He is also fondly called Madiba.
4. Nelson Mandela was an activist against Apartheid, and he was the leader of the armed wing of the African National Congress.
>>> (South Africans can be racially classified into one of three categories: white, black , or colored (of mixed decent). Apartheid was territorial separation of whites from blacks and police repression on blacks and non-whites in South Africa (Apartheid is similar to Racism).
The penalties imposed on political protest,even non- violent protest, were severe. Nelson Mandela Mandela however risked his life for what he believed in.
5. Nelson Mandela was the first South African President who was elected in a completely democratic election.
6. He was elected at the age of 77
7. Nelson Mandela was a Lawyer and he set up South Africa’s first black law firm with Oliver Tambo.
8. Nelson Mandela spent twenty-seven (27) years in prison because of his Activism against Apartheid. While in jail contracted tuberculosis.
9.During his 27-year jail term, he stayed in cell number 46664.
10.The Apartheid government offered to release Mandela at least six times but he rejected the offer each time.
On one such occasion Mandela released a statement saying: ‘I cherish my own freedom dearly, but I care even more for your freedom … What freedom am I being offered while the organisation of the people [the ANC] remains banned?‘
11.Nelson Mandela won the Nobel prize in 1993.
12.The United Nations declared his birthday, July 18, Nelson Mandela International Day. This was the first time the UN dedicated a particular day to a person.
13. In 1994 he published his autobiography ‘long walk to freedom’ which he secretly wrote while in prison. The Autobiography just been made into an Hollywood Movie starring Eedris Elba and Naomie Harris.
14. Nelson Mandela’s favorite breakfast is plain porridge, with fresh fruit and fresh milk.
15. Nelson Mandela has honorary degrees from more than 50 universities all over the World.
16. Besides campaigning globally for peace, Mandela focus increased on
empowering disadvantaged children and fighting against HIV/Aids.
17. He was diagnosed of prostate cancer in 2001.
18. In June 2004 aged 85, Mandela officially retired from public life. His parting gift – a R1-billion endowment to South Africa, to be raised by the three
charitable organisations that bear his name: the Nelson Mandela Foundation, the Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund and the Nelson Mandela Rhodes Foundation.
19. A nuclear particle(the ‘Mandela particle’), a prehistoric woodpecker (Australopicus nelsonmandelai) and an orchid (Paravanda Nelson Mandela) have all been named after him.
20. He was an honorary citizen of Canada, an honorary member of the British Labour Party, and an honorary member of Manchester United Football Club.
He was truly a great man. He was Africa’s pride and joy. R.I.P Nelson Mandela. We Love you.