Chinenye Ezurike,was the winner of Miss Nigeria USA 2011 Pageant.I knew Chinenye way back when she was based in Nigeria and from what i remember and have heard , i know she is a beautiful person both inside and out. She has been very busy in the past one year with her pet project and hasn’t granted a lot of interviews,although a lot of blogs and other media have done features on her,so i was delighted that i was able to interview her.As her tenure as Queen comes to an end,i wanted her to tell me about her experiences,regrets and joys as reigning Queen and lots more enjoy!
- Let’s get to know you, (tell us about Chinenye) – My name is Chinenye chichi Ezurike. I attended Prime Montessori primary school and Kings High school For secondary school in Nigeria and left after jss3 and now I am a senior student currently at Eastern Illinois university major in FCS and minor in business . I am proud to say I am Miss Nigeria USA 2011.
- What made you go into the competition – miss Zambia USA 2008 mutinta suya who is now a close friend of mine saw great potential in me and convinced me to do it.
- What is the beauty competition about/stand for? – miss Africa USA is a pageant for young women in the united states to have a platform and become a positive mentor to younger girls in the UsA and Africa. Focused on giving back to the community (you can check out http://www.missafricaunitedstates.com ) for more info
- Has it always been your dream to be a beauty queen or model? No I tried it and I enjoyed it
- What is/was your pet project as a reigning queen? my platform as Miss Nigeria USA was to raise awareness on HIV and AIDS I am partnered with a charity Rise Africa and we are spreading the word through fashion and social media about knowing your status! Your readers should please visit http://www.africaisdonesuffering.com for more info
- Has wining the competition affected your education in any way? How has your life changed so far since u won? – winning the competition did not affect my education because it is all about balance I made sure I focused on school on weekdays and pageant on weekends, also using a daily planner to keep me on trackmy life has been a little different, the pageant is a scholastic pageant not focused on beauty, I have used this opportunity to see the good in what I can do for others
- Who are your mentors in life . – my mentors in life are the women I am surrounded by and they are my mother and sisters; I am the youngest of four girls and I have to opportunity to learn from their mistake and also look up to them, they guide me positively towards my own goal
- Are you single -Yes I am
- Do you think people’s perception of beauty competitions are changing in Nigeria compared to the past? – Yes I think my country has evolved, beauty pageants are just not about the external looks but also judge internally
- Do you listen to Nigerian music? — yes I love Nigerian music?
- Who are your favorite Nigerian artiste and why? – – Flavor Nabania, and MI are my favorite Nigerian artistes because I can relate to their lyrics and also dance to it.
- Tell us some of your favorite designers, local and internationally. – I have no favorite designer .I basically like anything that looks good and makes me feel good and stand out.
14. Advice for Nigerian youths – Firstly my advice to anyone in general is ………don’t sleep on your dreams! Take one step at a time. Nigerian youths we are the future, we need to realize that, we need more active youths who are ready to better our country and I am peaking to all Nigerian youths in the diaspora and in Africa
15. Where do you see yourself in five years? – In five years I see myself planning to settle down start my own family, working in my career field. I also see Rise Africa my campaign bigger and better raise funds and awareness to different African countries.
16. Thank you so much .
Cannes Film Festival 2012 Fashion! – http://wp.me/p2bjQ7-yB
Kanye West,Kim Kardashian,Amia Miley Tweet Pic Controversy – http://wp.me/p2bjQ7-Df
MET Gala 2012 – http://wp.me/p2bjQ7-ox
Kim Kardashian out and about – http://wp.me/p2bjQ7-tI
Valeria Lukyanova,a real-life Barbie Doll? – http://wp.me/p2bjQ7-wp