Saw this and thought I should share.
Updates from April, 2013 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
Instead of worrying about what people say of you,
why not spend time trying to accomplish
something they will admire.
- Dale Carnegie
Don’t listen to anyone who tells you that you can’t do this or that. That’s nonsense. Make up your mind, you’ll never use crutches or a stick, then have a go at everything. Go to school, join in all the games you can. Go anywhere you want to. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible.”
“Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.”
Peter T. Mcintyre
“I quit being afraid when my first venture failed and the sky didn’t fall down.”
Allen H. Neuharth
“The world has the habit of making room for the man whose words and actions show that he knows where he is going.”
Napoleon Hill“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.”
Eleanor Roosevelt“One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self- confidence is preparation.”
“The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing youfear.”
William Jennings Bryan
“Having once decided to achieve a certain task, achieve it at all costs of tedium and distaste. The gain in self-confidence of having accomplished a tiresome labor is immense.”
Thomas A. Bennett“Nothing builds self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment.”
“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
Dale Carnegie“Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face.”
Helen Keller“Whatever we expect with confidence becomes our own self-fulfilling prophecy.”
Brian Tracy“Confidence is courage at ease.”
Karissa Councill is discussing. Toggle Comments
There is a common saying that was converted to a song that said ;sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt my feelings. Well this a big lie ,words hurt. Bad words can inflict as much pain as physical injury,or abuse or even more. I am sure you can remember bad words some said to you years ago that you have not forgotten about, you and you might still feel the pain you felt when those words were said to you each time you remember . We need to watch what we say to ourselves and to others. Once the words come out, you can never take it back. It is common knowledge that the human body contains 70 percent water ,here is a summary of an article I read of a researcher who discovered the effect of words ,sounds ,etc on water.
Thoughts and Words Affect Water
“The work of Japanese researcher Masaru Emoto, author of The Hidden Messages in Water, is featured to show how thoughts change the structure of ice crystals–beautiful crystals form in a glass of water with the word “love” taped to it, whereas playing Elvis’s “Heartbreak Hotel” causes other crystals to split in two. Would his “Burnin’ Love” boil water?”
His cutting-edge research into the relationship between water and thoughts has stunned the world. He was featured in the popular movie: What the BLEEP Do We Know.
The photographs and information in this article reflect the work of Masaru Emoto, a creative and visionary Japanese researcher Mr. Emoto has published an important book, “The Message from Water” from the findings of his worldwide research . After seeing water react to different environmental conditions, pollution and music, Mr. Emoto and colleagues decided to see how thoughts and words affected the formation of untreated, distilled, water crystals, using words typed onto paper by a word processor and taped on glass bottles overnight.
The same procedure was performed using the names of deceased persons. The waters were then frozen and photographed. Here are some examples.
Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old *lessons life taught me.
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will so Stay in touch.
5. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
6. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
7. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
8. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
9. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
10. Get rid of anything that isn’t
useful, beautiful or joyful.
11. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
12. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is
up to you and no one else.
13. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
14. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
15. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
16. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
17. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years, will this matter?’
18. Forgive everyone for everything.
19. What other people think of you is none of your business.
20. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
21. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
22. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
23. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
24. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young..
25. Get outside everyday. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
26. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
27.Envy is a waste of time,You already have all you need the best is yet to cme.
28.No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
29. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift
Ade, lala, Tall Boy, and 2 others are discussing. Toggle Comments
Don’t change so someone will like you. Be yourself & the right people will like and love the real you.
Always accept and feel comfortable with your flaws, that way no one can ever use them against you.
Life isnt necsssarily about waiting for the storm to pass….its about learning to dance in the rain
SOLID WORDS FROM COLIN POWELL
The less you associate with some people, the more your life will improve.
Any time you tolerate mediocrity in others, it increases your mediocrity.
An important attribute in successful people is their impatience with
negative thinking and negative acting people.
As you grow, your associates will change.
Some of your friends will not want you to go on.
They will want you to stay where they are.
Friends that don’t help you climb will want you to crawl.
Your friends will stretch your vision or choke your dream.
Those that don’t increase you will eventually decrease you.
Never receive counsel from unproductive people.
Never discuss your problems with someone incapable of contributing to the solution, because those who never succeed themselves are always first to tell you how.
Not everyone has a right to speak into your life.
You are certain to get the worst of the bargain when you exchange
ideas with the wrong person.
Don’t follow anyone who’s not going anywhere.
With some people you spend an evening: with others you invest it.
Be careful where you stop to inquire for directions along the road of
Wise is the person who fortifies his life with the right friendships.
If you run with wolves, you will learn how to howl. But, if you
associate with eagles, you will learn how to soar to great heights.
“A mirror reflects a man’s face, but what he is really like is shown
by the kind of friends he chooses.”
The simple but true fact of life is that you become like those with
whom you closely associate – for the good and the bad.
Note: Be not mistaken.
This is applicable to family as well as friends.
Yes…do love, appreciate and be thankful for your family, for they
will always be your family no matter what.
Just know that they are human first and though they are family to
you, they may be a friend to someone else and will fit somewhere in
the criteria above
paul, Sugar lips, and Igho are discussing. Toggle Comments