60 diners get sick after eating at the world’s best restaurant
More than 60 diners who ate at a restaurant commonly thought to be the best in the world have been struck ill.
The restaurant is known for relying on fresh and locally sourced products.It currently holds two Michelin stars, and has been named the best restaurant in the world three times.
The set menu at the restaurant costs 1,500 kroner (£175), with matching wines at 1,000 kroner (£115).
The embarrassing incident is reminiscent of a similar outbreak at the Fat Duck in Bray, where 240 diners fell ill in 2009.Customers at Danish restaurant Noma, in Copenhagen, were apparently infected with norovirus during their £290-a-head meals.
It is believed that the virus started when a restaurant employee came in to work while sick.The official investigation found that Noma did not disinfect the kitchen in good time to stop the bug spreading.
It also criticized the restaurant for not allowing workers to wash their hands with hot water, which is more effective at killing germs.Food officials have ordered Noma to tighten up its hygiene procedures in future.